Last Updated June 24, 2021
This Privacy Notice discloses the privacy practices for ReadAskChat, Ltd. This notice applies solely to information collected by the ReadAskChat application. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the application, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
- ReadAskChat does not sell personal or sensitive data to third parties.
- The ReadAskChat application does not track device location, identifiable personal information, financial and payment information, authentication information, phonebook, contacts, device location, SMS and call related data, inventory of other apps on the device, microphone, camera, or other sensitive device information.
- If you enable notifications, ReadAskChat will collect application usage data to support you in meeting your weekly reading goals you set for yourself. You may opt out of notifications at any time through Settings.
- If you opt-in to receive premium ReadAskChat content through a school, library, or other service organization using a ReadAskChat account and access code, that organization may ask for your personal email address in order to monitor your usage data for educational improvement purposes. Usage data includes the stories you read, how much time you spend on each page, how many times you open the dialogic prompts, and how many times you open the application.
- Email addresses may also be used to reset account passwords.
- ReadAskChat will never sell your email address or other personal data to any third party.
- Aggregate usage data includes no personal or sensitive information and will be used solely for the purpose of improving the features of the app, user satisfaction, and as part of general research evaluating the effectiveness of ReadAskChat.
- If you are purchasing access to ReadAskChat for through either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, these companies may access your credit card information. ReadAskChat does not store these data.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address in this policy:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
- We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the ReadAskChat application, your information is protected both online and offline.
- Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
- While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Please read these Terms of Service (“Terms”) carefully before using the ReadAskChat® mobile application (the “Service”) operated by Read, Ask, Chat, Ltd. (“us,” “we,” or “our”).
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned upon your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users, and others who wish to access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms, then you do not have permission to access the Service.
- If you wish to purchase any product or service made available through the Service (“Purchase”), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase including, without limitation, your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card, your billing address.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you have the legal right to use any credit card(s) or other payment method(s) in connection with any Purchase; and that (ii) the information you supply to us is true, correct, and complete.
- We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order at any time for reasons including but not limited to: product or service availability, errors in the description or price of the product or service, error in your order or other reasons.
- We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if fraud or an unauthorized or illegal transaction is suspected.
Availability, Errors, and Inaccuracies
- We are constantly updating our product and service offerings. We may experience delays in updating information on the Service and in our advertising on other websites. The information found on the Service may contain errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. Products or services may be mispriced, described inaccurately, or unavailable on the Service and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information found on the Service.
- We therefore reserve the right to change or update information and to correct errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time without prior notice.
Contests, Sweepstakes and Promotions
- Some parts of the Service require a subscription to access. You will be billed in advance for a set period of access to the Service. You may cancel your Subscription either through your online account management page or by contacting the Read, Ask, Chat, Ltd. customer support team.
- A valid payment method, including credit card or PayPal, is required to process the payment for your Subscription. You shall provide Read, Ask, Chat, Ltd. with accurate and complete billing information including full name, address, state, zip code, telephone number, and a valid payment method information. By submitting such payment information, you automatically authorize Read, Ask, Chat, Ltd. to charge all Subscription fees incurred through your account to any such payment instruments.
- Read, Ask, Chat, Ltd. may, at its sole discretion, offer a Subscription with a free trial for a limited period of time (“Free Trial”).
- You may be required to enter your billing information in order to sign up for the Free Trial. If you do enter your billing information when signing up for the Free Trial, you will not be charged by Read, Ask, Chat, Ltd. until the Free Trial has expired. On the last day of the Free Trial period, unless you cancelled your Subscription, you will be automatically charged the applicable Subscription fees for the type of Subscription you have selected.
- At any time and without notice, Read, Ask, Chat, Ltd. reserves the right to (i) modify the Terms of Service of the Free Trial offer, or (ii) cancel such Free Trial offer.
- Read, Ask, Chat, Ltd., in its sole discretion and at any time, may modify the Subscription fees for the Subscriptions. Any Subscription fee change will become effective at the end of the then-current Billing Cycle.
- Read, Ask, Chat, Ltd. will provide you with a reasonable prior notice of any change in Subscription fees to give you an opportunity to terminate your Subscription before such change becomes effective.
- Your continued use of the Service after the Subscription fee change comes into effect constitutes your agreement to pay the modified Subscription fee amount.
- Certain refund requests for Subscriptions may be considered by Read, Ask, Chat, Ltd. on a case-by-case basis and granted in sole discretion of Read, Ask, Chat, Ltd.
- When you create an account with us, you guarantee that you are above the age of 18, and that the information you provide us is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Inaccurate, incomplete, or obsolete information may result in the immediate termination of your account on the Service.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, including but not limited to the restriction of access to your mobile device, computer, and/or account. You agree to accept responsibility for any and all activities or actions that occur under your account and/or password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
- We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in our sole discretion.
- The Service and its original content, features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Read, Ask, Chat, Ltd. and its licensors. The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of Read, Ask, Chat, Ltd.
Links to Other Websites
- Our Service may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Read, Ask, Chat, Ltd.
- Read, Ask, Chat, Ltd. has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites or services. We do not warrant the offerings of any of these entities/individuals or their websites.
- You acknowledge and agree that Read, Ask, Chat, Ltd. shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such third-party websites or services.
- We strongly advise you to read the Terms of Service and privacy policies of any third-party websites or services that you visit.
- We may terminate or suspend your account and bar access to the Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, under our sole discretion, for any reason whatsoever and without limitation, including but not limited to a breach of the Terms.
- If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Read, Ask, Chat, Ltd. and its licensee and licensors, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees), resulting from or arising out of (a) your use and access of the Service, by you or any person using your account and password, or (b) a breach of these Terms.
Limitation Of Liability
- In no event shall Read, Ask, Chat, Ltd., nor its directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, including without limitation, loss of profits, data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from (i) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Service; (ii) any conduct or content of any third party on the Service; (iii) any content obtained from the Service; and (iv) unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), or any other legal theory, whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, or course of performance.
- Read, Ask, Chat, Ltd. its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that a) the Service will function uninterrupted, secure, or available at any particular time or location; b) any errors or defects will be corrected; c) the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or d) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the limitations above may not apply to you.
- These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Illinois, United States, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have had between us regarding the Service.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material, we will provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
- By continuing to access or use our Service after any revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, you are no longer authorized to use the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at [email protected]